Sunday, March 21, 2010

a southern delight

for spring break, adam and i met up with my parents, brother, uncle (my mom's brother), my grandmother and her husband.
we first went to atlanta's aquarium. i didn't really think i would like it at all not being a huge fan of animals, but i loved it! the aquarium had the most unusual fish. they looked like creatures out of a sci-fi movie.
father-son love @ the world's largest aquarium.
i loved petting the sting rays! it brought back memories of when my family swam with the sting ray in the grand caymans. i remember when we swam with the sting rays, my dad had a special bond with the sting rays and here they are again together!
all of us except my mom! (and no, the baby isn't in the group! ha)
later that night, we went a mexican restaurant, voted #1 in atlanta.
yes, we went all the way to atlanta for more mexican food! hehe. actually, it was a really neat restaurant with lots of personality and i ate lobster tacos which i have never had before!
the next day, we ate...more. we ate at the "ok cafe"...which was more than a-okay! it was southern comfort food. we had sweet potato fries and corn bread with a lot of pieces of corn in it as appetizers and i had their squash casserole.
we went to the atlanta historical museum. there were exihits about the civil war, and the african-american civil rights movement. there was also an 1800s farmhouse and a pre-civil war mansion.
wednesday, we went to one of my favorite stops, the cnn headquarters. i have always been intriqued by the national news!here the gang is in the cnn food court. they wouldn't let us take pictures on the actual tour.
oh, how i love sunja gupta!
not pictured because of not being able to take cameras on the tour: i got to be the example reporter in front of the 40 people on our tour. i got to read the telepromptor and be "filmed." it was SO much fun!!
here's my nancy grace face.
and oh, how i love anderson cooper!
here's my uncle with one of the leading ladies on the hln network.
and here's andrew with her, too. who looks better with her??
next up: NASHVILLE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there with you. Looks like you had lots of fun. I love the Nancy Grace face!

NIYP