Saturday, January 15, 2011

happy holiday, part 1

christmas eve in seguin...
(P.S. I GUARANTEE YOU A FUNNY STORY AT THE END OF THIS POST)
Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will to men. Luke 2:14
One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney
Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.
Mary Ellen Chase
At Christmas, all roads lead home. ~Marjorie Holmes
Behold...I bring you good tidings of great joy. Luke 2:10

christmas morning...
(A TRUE STORY, NO JOKE)

i, somehow, put the wrong labels on multiple gifts. andrew ended up opening a wrapped present that had our baby nephew's clothes in it. then, ted opened up what was labeled as his present and it, too, was the wrong gift--gifts for our other nephews.
and for the grand finale of our little silly story, my dad opened up our two-year old niece's gift! next year, i definitely will label gifts right after i wrap them! hah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that story at the end! Sounds like something I would do too! and I LOVED the picture of your dad with the little girly dress!!! I hope things are going OK!! Miss you!!