Friday, December 16, 2011

Kelly's Korner SHOW US YOUR LIFE: Holiday Home Tour

Welcome to my home, fellow bloggers!
I love to decorate, as I am sure you are, too. However, I don't like to spend money on decorating! Fortunately, my husband and I were able to decorate most of our house with gifts from our wedding and gift cards from our wedding. Also, I am a teacher so I also use gift cards that I get from students. When I do shop for decor, I mostly get things from Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx.

The Tree. The only decor I bought this year was the "netting ribbon" (I have no idea what it's called) half off at Hobby Lobby. We bought our tree after Christmas last year on clearance using a gift card.
I added glitter to the wreath and garland a few days ago, although you can't really tell in the pic! Glitter makes it all better.

Ah, love my jars and filling them with ornaments and glittery pine cones.


I decided to take a few pics of my wrapping this year! I got fake berries from the Dollar Tree, aka a cheap girl's toyland, to put on top of gifts.

It's all about the polka dots, stripes and checkers this year.

Dining Room Decor. I love having names on place settings.

I found this centerpiece at my parent's house and asked my mom if I could use it because they never do. It works just fine!

I put our hand-me-down tree that was in our living room before in the dining room. It looks kind of plain but there was no reason to spend money on it expecially since it's not a main room.

Love switching out my ribbons seasonally! It's so fun.

The Kitchen. More polka dots and I think I may be going a little U overboard!

I just love decorating with little birds. The red tree with the button on the top is another find from the beloved Dollar Tree.

A little nitch with a Dollar Tree candle and of course a U and a little birdie!

I decided to put something festive in the bathroom.


Just put glitter inside a clear ornament (leftovers from a school craft) and silver ribbon inside a vase.

Decorating with what I've been given. A candle and some holiday soap from students in my class.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas with friends and family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your decorations. And I don't think you went U overboard! Very cute!! I like polka dots too!