Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 minute decorating, again

so, i try to decorate my house with as much stuff that i already have as much as possible. i also try to make my decorating as personal as possible. after all, it is a home! you want your decorating to reflect happy memories and your personality and interests.
for a while, i collected little plates from the different countries i would go to. then, i stopped collecting them because i thought i would never do anything with the plates anyway. i wish i had a plate for each country i've been to but i have plates for about 1/2.
i had an open spot in our entryway, so here's where my 'lil plates come in...i got a little "keepsake" box for like less than $10 (it was in the clearance section) and simply hot glued the 'lil plates to the back
here's my $10 decoration for the hallway. personal. reflects my interests. brinks back good memories. it makes me giddy having a reminder of my adventures in travelling.

No comments: