Monday, August 17, 2009

my classroom: ready to "dive" into a great year!

i had to share pictures of my classroom because i am so excited to start the year! i have had so much fun catching up with my teammates and decorating my room! i am not AT ALL done decorating as i haven't gotten my class list yet to put names around the room.
view from the door. i got the cute ocean decor from adam's mom who just retired from teaching pre-k!
view from the loft.
whole group area.
word wall and computer center.
art center and writing center.
sand, play-doh and magnetic letters are stored at this table. on top of the table are things for kinder camp which is coming up in a few days! we are ready to set sail into an awesome year!
below: the students' cubbies where they put their work and folder each day. the students are in charge of getting their own folder to take home rather than me passing them out at the end of school. this saves a lot of time! above: "caught being good" bulletin board. i put all of the students' names on clothespins. when a student is caught making good choices, i move his or her clothespin to a fish that has what they were "caught" doing on it such as being kind, working hard, and making good choices.
small reading group table. my literacy activities and games are stored on the shelves behind the table.
reading center and white board center
home center and games center.
each student has his/her own locker. above is the bulletin board with an ocean theme. we're going to "make a big splash in kindergarten!"
i tag my teammates, debbie, brandi and jodena and my sister-in-law, mandy, to put pictures up of their classrooms! if you are a teacher, tag--you're it!

4 comments:

annalee said...

i LOVE your room! great job mrs. u:)

laura marie said...

thanks, annalee! does the shark look familar? hehe. =) we still miss you at school!

Wendy said...

Your classroom looks awesome! This makes me miss working with you ladies and the great stuff you do to get ready for the kiddos! Have fun at kinder camp this week.

Joyce said...

Your room looks great...I taught Kindergarten for a few years..my favorite age!